Brief update from a traveling man

Posted: May 5, 2009 in Jeff Holland

There are dead pigeons in the carport, I’ve so far given $15 to homeless hotelpeople, the blackened mahi-mahi punished my stomach-stomach, this city-sized hotel’s elevators are slow as hell and there’s no Comedy Central on the cable.

Atlanta sucks.

That is all.

(Please note: this is written prior to my trip to the WORLD OF COCA-COLA! which may turn this whole trip around.)

Comments

And what complete tard walks around wearing a CNN souvenir T-shirt?!

GAH!

2. threatqualitypress says:

That is a huge hotel. Whoah.

3. Tad says:

You can’t blame your homeless people-suckerness on the city of Atlanta!

Also, have you run into any of Atlanta’s numerous sushi bar drag queen pagents?

No I HAVEN’T, and after you raised my hopes!

Isn’t Atlanta the home of “TBS”? Are you telling us you’re not interested in watching another midnight “Pauly Shore-a-thon”? What experience can’t be made better from three consecutive viewings of “Encino Man”?

6. Lisa says:

One bit of advice from someone who’s been there… Don’t fall for the delicious smell of the hot dogs at the Atlanta airport. Especially before getting on a plane. You think the blackened Mahi mahi punished your stomach? You have no idea….

7. threatqualitypress says:

What are you supposed to eat in Atlanta? Isn’t it just fried butter sandwiches and grits, or something?

8. threatqualitypress says:

Also: Encino Man is a great fucking movie.

Oddly enough, I did find myself watching “Journey to the Center of the Earth” on HBO late Sunday night. So I got my Brendan Frazer fill.

(And it was slight, but amusing enough, and probably looked really neat-o in the theaters.)

The only really pleasant part of the trip was Ted Turner’s burger restaurant, where I ate a really delicious bison burger on – yes – buttered, toasted roll.

So, sadly, Ted Turner saved my trip. As he has saved Atlanta itself on countless occasions.

Wait, no, I’m thinking AtlanTIS. And I’m thinking Aquaman.