Congratulations, True Believer!

Posted: May 18, 2010 in comic books, Jeff Holland, Threat Quality
Tags: , ,

An email I received this afternoon:

To: Jeff
From: Jarvis, Edwin
Re: Application Status

Congratulations True Believer!

After careful consideration we are pleased to announce that you have been chosen to join the ranks of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, THE AVENGERS!

To celebrate this momentous occasion, the photo you submitted will be featured in Avengers #1, on sale Wednesday.

Sincerely,

Edwin Jarvis

So. That’s what I’VE got going on this week.

Go buy the book, and try to find me. I look like this:

Though, to be fair, I have no idea what picture I sent in. Bourbon may have been involved in the selection process.

And also, John Romita, Jr. isn’t the most detailed face-artist in the world, so I’ll probably just be “pointy-nosed man with beard” in the background somewhere.

Still: I AM IN A COMIC BOOK THIS WEEK AND YOU ARE NOT.

Unless…

Did you get a letter from Jarvis, too?

Comments
  1. Prissy British butler Jarvis or disembodied Paul Bettany-voice Jarivs?

Hahahah, John Romita, Jr. will not be able to distinguish you from me. I am going to buy this comic, and tell everyone that I am in it.

YOU SON OF A BITCH, *I* am an Avenger!

WE’LL JUST SEE WHAT THE ILLUSTRATIONS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT!

5. I received this email too!

I am an Avenger!

But here in Brazil, i cant buy yet…

Can you buy and put the scan here? Only that page… Im very curious… 🙂

6. Lisa says:

That is way cool Jeff – BTW there is a mediocre comedian in the Lehigh Valley that is your hipster doppleganger. So now there are TWO bizarro Hollands!

@Sammy: I sure will. Look for it up here tomorrow. Unless I can’t figure out which vague background people are supposed to be us, in which case I’ll just take a guess.

@Lisa: Kutztown was LITTERED with dudes people thought were me but weren’t. This keeps up, and I’ll be an ETHNICITY! And then I’ll say “You don’t get to say ‘Bizarro’! That’s OUR word!”

8. manuel says:

yo tambien es recibido una carta, soy de españa, donde en que parte de comics salgo yo. por que los de marvel no nos han enviado la pagina en congreto para porde venos.

So help me, Holland, if this is another one of those “Santa Claus” type lies, I will never forgive you for it or the rest of you for playing along.

If it isn’t: Wow, how cool is that?